Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIY: Vintage Bracelet

I am absolutely in {love} with the friendship bracelet trend going on right now.  I can remember making braided bracelets on the school bus ride home in elementary school selling them to all my friends for a nickel!  My arm was loaded with them!

Here's the latest bracelet that I've added to my arm!  I love it and it couldn't have been an easier project. 


Here's what you need:
  • Vintage Clip-on Earrings (or any sort of large bead!) - found at thrift stores, rummage sales, Grandma's jewelry box
  • Leather Bracelet ($3.99 at JoAnn Stores)
  • Hot Glue Gun
How easy is that list of supplies!?!

I had this small bowl of clip on earrings now for almost a year that my mom had given to me (she's where I get all my thrifty-ness from!).  I first started by taking the backs off of all the earrings so that they would lay as flat as possible on the bracelet.  Then, I just just hot glued them in place!  Voila!  A new, one-of-a-kind, vintage bracelet!



I must admit that I wasn't sure how well the earrings would say adhered with the hot glue.  I wear the bracelet at least 3 times a week and it takes quite a beating!  I'm happy to say that not one has fallen off!

Give it a try!  I've seen some really neat large beads carried at local art/craft stores - any bead will work!

Here's mine along with all my other favs!


pictured top to bottom: vintage bracelet (me!), rhinestone bracelet (gift from a friend), Orange bracelet (me!), braided bracelet with my kids' initials (JessicaNDesigns)


Don't forget - you can still get 20% off EVERYTHING in the shop until 7/15.  Code: FBFAN at checkout.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have the complete collection of Vintage Bracelet? You can find it all here!

    ReplyDelete