Monday, October 18, 2010

Collaboration Time!

So I know I've been killing you all with the anticipation of this collaboration piece I've been ranting about. Well, today's the day!! When my good friend Jenni from TinkerDot Designs contacted me about doing a collaboration piece with her I'm pretty sure the word "yes" came out of my mouth before she could even finish her sentence. We both have a true love of all things colorful and bright and our work compliments each other, so why not!?!

She has a great piece called "Not Your Average Girl" - which by the way - can be personalized with your very own picture! How cool is that!?! She took her original artwork and had it printed on fabric...and here's what I turned it in to:

I mean really...who wouldn't look cute with this on their shoulder!?! This bag is perfect for all those "not so average" girls out there...young and old! It's large and can hold LOTS of good things - clothes, shoes, lunch, magazines, purse, baby goodies, etc!

Here's the complete dish on the bag:

The exterior fabric is cream with yellow butterflies and the artwork is only featured on the front. If you're wondering about durability...this baby is fully lined with interfacing and heavy canvas. It also includes a magnetic snap closure and an interior pocket (which will hold one of my small cosmetic bags!). The lining is cream with turqouise spots and the base of the lining is magenta. I think it gives it something "extra"!

(Backside of Tote)


(Inside Lining/Interior Pocket)

The artwork features a magenta ruffle around the entire border and is hand stitched to the bag. I also created a fabric flower pin for the upper corner of the bag which can easily be removed and worn on something else!

(Outside stitching detail/Fabric Flower Pin)

For additional details on the bag click here. There's only 1 so act fast before it's gone!!

Be sure to visit TinkerDot Designs for other great pieces of art! Jenni does a great job of customizing pieces that are right for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment